Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Help Using Blogger Effectively

This really isn’t a substantive post, but rather a request for some tips for using blogger.com, as I have not actively participated in a blogging community before. (I thought about asking someone privately in class, but decided any replies may be beneficial to others)

My main question is whether there is method on blogger.com where new posts and comments made since my last login can be flagged. Basically, I am more concerned with new comments, in order to avoid having to click on each post every time I logon and then scroll through the comments. I foresee this being more of an issue as the class progresses and we have a large number of posts and threads of comments under each post. It would be nice if there was a way I could see all the new comments posted since my last login without manually searching, but I don’t know if this is supported. I may be lazy for expecting this, but I used to read USENET newsgroups and I remember the software was always very helpful in organizing and flagging new posts that I haven’t read.

Thanks for any help and I look forward to adding more substantively to the blog soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger ed said...

i don't really know, but one thought would be to use an RSS reader, i haven't used one, but i think that is something they might be able to do.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Brian Bulson said...

Thanks, at first I didn't know what RSS meant so I looked it up on www.wikipedia.org and that seems to be something that would do what I'm looking for. I guess now I just have to find out if blogger.com supports it.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Edward Lee said...

Yes, are site is syndicated here:

http://ipinternet.blogspot.com/atom.xml

I don't use an RSS feed myself, so I'm not the best authority. If you need help, let me know and I'll find it.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home