Monday, January 02, 2006

intro: getting started

Welcome. This is the blog for my seminar on the Internet and IP. I made a New Year's resolution to try a few new things in my teaching, and a class blog seemed perfect for a seminar on the Internet. My hope for this blog is twofold: (1) to introduce the topics we'll be covering each week (with relevant links to our readings) and (2) to generate online discussion among the class by having students write short posts and comments to collaborate with each other (and myself) on possible research topics. I'll have more to say about this later, but you can think of the blog as better and funner than TWEN (sorry, JB). And learning how to blog has practical benefits: more and more Fortune 500 companies and major law firms will be trying to utilize blogs in their businesses, if they haven't already.

Directions: So how do I get started? I will be sending you an email to sign up with blogger for this blog. It's a pretty simple process -- just follow the steps on blogger. If you want to keep your anonymity on the blog, you can pick an "alias" or "username" that does not reveal your true identity. It's up to you. (I still haven't decided if I should know true identities in order to give participation points.) I will have your first class reading assignment soon. Happy New Year!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have very much helped me with a source of the information.
- ipinternet.blogspot.com p
spaghetti alla carbonara

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The site needs to be at the favorites list as there is too much information to this theme.
- www.blogger.com 5
spaghetti alla carbonara

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home