Wednesday, March 08, 2006

the Oscar goes to ... Three 6 Mafia

A rap group named Three 6 Mafia won its first Oscar this week for the original song, "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp." How true.

Being nominated for an Oscar gave the rap group incentive to clean up their act. Apparently, the original song had some content that may not be suitable for children. "I started changing the lyrics as soon as we got nominated, and I was happy to do it," Jordan Houston of Three 6 Mafia said here. "I would have changed the whole song, every line, if the Academy asked me to. Hey, man, come on. This is the Oscars." How true.

1 Comments:

Blogger DSomogy said...

I don't know about the Oscar winning song, but I have to say that "I Gotta Stay Fly" is a pretty good tune.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home